Tuesday, June 14, 2011

LEARNING ABOUT CELLS

Today and yesterday I learned about cells. Tomorrow I think I'll learn about cells also. There's something in the cell that's the brain of the cell called the nucleus. Then there's a small ball in there called the nucleolus. And then there's a jelly substance called cytoplasm that holds everything and it's like you can still see things but it's like water and gel mixed. Mitochondria is the powerhouse -- it gives all the power to the cell. The endoplasmic reticulum is like a transporter. The golgi sends stuff out. There's a rough endoplasmic reticulum and a soft one. One of them has bumps on it and the other has none of that stuff. The lysosome is like the stomach of the cell. The cell membrane is like what protects it and what goes in and out like a bodyguard. It lets water and blood come in and all the rest of the stuff not come in. There's almost a cell for everything. I didn't learn about blood cells. But I did learn about liver cells! When you get hurt, the nucleus thinks and goes up to the brain and tells it OW,and then it comes back and tell you to say OW! Like, when we were doing our project and my blister popped, I said OW because the cells went back with the brain and told me to say OW because it hurt. My teacher is learning about it and my brother was learning about it. I'm a third grader and I'm learning about college stuff so that's kind of weird. Cells also pump oxygen. Your body is made all out of cells. Bye bye! The End.

No comments: